Thursday, January 7, 2010

Moldy memories

A water main broke at a museum near Beatrice over the weekend, flooding a climate-controlled room filled with priceless artifacts. Here are two stories (the original and a follow-up brief) I wrote about the incident:

Water damages Homestead Monument artifacts

A Gage County Sheriff's deputy and park superintendent Mark Engler discovered the flood just after 5 p.m. Friday, after being called there because of a motion-detector alarm. (01/02/2010)

Heritage Center books, saddle now safe
Homestead National Monument superintendent Mark Engler sounded positive Sunday about the condition of hundreds of books damaged in a water leak. (01/03/2010)

I'm also going to take this opportunity to post a photo of two outstanding works of sure-to-be-historical-someday art. My teenage brother gave me a second clay pot this Christmas, adding to my already wicked collection Leo Pluhacek creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment